Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Hero

The dawn breaks into a gloomy morning
Melancholy wraps me inside her arms
And as the morning clouds turned into an infuriating rain
I was taken into captivity by sorrow

In this Alcatraz of pain, I tried to escape
'Til I got used to being here and stay
Nostalgia became my comrade
And happiness became my fear

Constant numbness made my heart cold
'Til I saw your angel eyes
You stared at me and I never felt so alive
I know you are my salvation

Patiently, you waited 'til I come around
You redeemed me from sorrow
And freed me from pain
I couldn't help but fall for you

The dawn breaks into a sunny morning now
You suddenly wrap me inside your arms
And as the sun shines brightly on us,
You take me into a happy ending I've always dreamed of

No comments:

Post a Comment