Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Devil

They say I am cruel, always picking up a fight
They say I'm mean, being impatient to them
They say I'm brutal, not considering what they feel
They say I'm a devil- I REALLY DON'T CARE.

If being cruel is to uphold what is right, then I am
If being mean is to defend the inferior, then I am
If being brutal makes them realize they are misguided, then I am
If doing all that is being a devil, then YES, indeed I am.

And I will continue to be cruel, mean, brutal and a devil
To them who call me such, until they give up their animosity
And admit that they are mistaken and corrupt
Only then I will cease to be a DEVIL


** I composed this poem last September '03 and it was published on the loyalty day edition of our Theta Gazette. I have been lucky to find this article again because I have been searching for it for a long time..

No comments:

Post a Comment